Fettuccine with California Avocado
For a pasta dish that is simple to make, try a mixture of freshly diced avocado, green peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, green onion, and fresh basil top cooked fettuccine noodles. Ciabatta Bread goes great with the pasta
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup green peppers, diced
- 1/4 cup Modena Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1-1/4 cups sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 diced ripe California Avocado
- 1 pound dried fettuccine noodles, cooked
1. Combine the olive oil, peppers, vinegar, garlic, lemon juice, basil, green onions, sundried tomatoes and half of the ripe avocado in a large bowl. Toss ingredients together well so they are evenly coated with the oil and vinegar; set aside.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and pour into salad bowl with the other ingredients while the pasta is still hot.
3. Toss together and serve immediately, using the remaining ripe avocado as a garnish on top of the pasta.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 To 20 Minutes