– 2 large red ripe tomatoes, cut each to 1/4-inch slices
– 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
– 2 teaspoon Roma spice
– Sea Salt, Isle of Capri Blend
– 12 bread slices of home style artisan loaf, about ¾ inch thick
– 1 teaspoon aged Modena aceto balsamico balsamic vinegar
Pre-heat a gas grill to medium or heat the broiler to high.
Combine the 4 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil with 2 tsp of Roma spice, whisk together and set aside.
Place tomato slices on a prep platter and sprinkle with 1 Tablespoon of mixed oil and 1 teaspoon of Isle of Capri Sea Salt. Let sit at room temperature for at least 10 minutes, if you have time, let sit for an hour.
Brush both sides of the bread with the remaining 3 Tablespoons of olive oil. Salt lightly. Grill (or broil) until crisp with prominent grill marks (or nicely browned), about 2 minutes. Turn and cook the other side of the bread in the same manner. Transfer to a platter and let cool to room temperature .
Pour the tomato juices from the prep platter into a small bowl. Before serving, brush these juices on the bread. Top with the tomatoes and a drop or two of balsamic vinegar and serve.
sea salt recipe, bruschetta recipe