Pasta salad takes only about 30 minutes to make, start to finish. It’s always good to use the freshest ingredients. Purchase fresh mozzarella from the deli, and choose the ripest tomatoes you can find.
- 8 oz package of rotini (corkscrew) or any same shaped pasta
- Sea Salt
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, dice to ¼ inch cubes
- ¾ pound plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced to ¼ inch cubes
- 10 to 12 medium or large basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 scallions, white and tender green parts, finely chopped
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Modena balsamic vinegar ( aceto balsamico ), or more to taste
- Freshly ground pepper
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta until it is done, but still a little firm to the bite. Drain and rinse with cold water. Let it drain for a few minutes and transfer to a large bowl. Add the mozzarella, tomatoes, basil, scallions, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste, adding more vinegar if desired. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
mozzarella, tomato salad, recipe