For a superb crostini use roasted juicy sweet cherry tomatoes combined with a dash of white balsamic vinegar and serve on slices of toasted French baguette.This recipe will take up to forty minutes to prepare and about forty-five minutes in the oven. However, if you wish, you can be prepare this dish a day in advance. Ensure that the tomato mixture is stored in an appropriate airtight container and refrigerated. This mixture should be removed from the refrigerator at least two hours prior to serving. The toasted baguette should also be kept in an airtight container but kept at room temperature.
For eight servings you will need the following:
1 lb of halved fresh cherry tomatoes
One large French baguette (The baguette should then be sliced into diagonals)
Olive oil drizzle
One garlic clove that has been put through a press and crushed
One and a half teaspoons of white balsamic vinegar
1. Before preparing your ingredients ensure that your oven is preheated to a temperature of 180 degrees centigrade.
2. Whilst the oven is preheating, line two large baking trays with grease proof paper to prevent your tomatoes from sticking to the tray.
3. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and place on the baking tray with the flat side of the tomato facing up.
4. Before baking the tomatoes, use a little salt and pepper to season.
5. Remove tomatoes from the oven after three quarters of an hour or when the tomatoes appear to be softened and have a golden tinge.
6. Whilst the tomatoes have been set aside to cool, prepare the French baguette slices by placing on two baking sheets. Ensure that each slice does not overlap another. Spray the entire single layer of bread slices with olive oil.
7. After eight minutes turn over all the bread slices and mist with olive oil. Return to the oven and bake until each slice is golden brown and crisp.
8. While you have set aside the toasted bread to cool, place the tomatoes, garlic and vinegar in a large bowl and mix together.You are now ready to either top the sliced toasted baguette with the tomato mixture or serve in a bowl separately.
crostini and tomatoes
Technorati Tags: crostini and tomatoes