How to keep your Glass Cruet sparkling clean all the time.
As a rule of thumb, clean the oil and vinegar cruets as often as you empty them. Leaving oil and vinegar inside the cruets for a long extended length of time is not recommended. Residue will build up and the cruets may be difficult to clean.
The Cruets are very easy to clean. For best results, we recommend cleaning the Cruets by hand with a Gel Dishwasher Detergent. We found “Palmolive Gel Dishwasher Detergent” to be outstanding. If there are several different Palmolive Dishwasher Gels to choose from, be sure to select one that says “sparkling shine” and “no powder residue” if possible. We recommend the “Baking Soda Fresh Scent.” After cleaning the grape cruet, it will have condensation on the inside because it is a “glass within glass” double vessel. It is easy to dry the cruet in a heated oven, (and perfectly safe) because the glass cruets are made from a special Simax glass, similiar to Pyrex, which can withstand high temps without breaking. FYI, Simax glass is a borosilicate glass, which is also used to make laboratory glassware.
Clean the Glass Cruets as follows:
1. Put on a pair of rubber gloves.
2. Empty Cruet and rinse well, shaking the Cruet with very warm to hot tap water.
3. Place the empty Cruet in the sink.
4. Pour small amount of Palmolive Gel Dishwasher Detergent in Cruet (2–3 Tablespoons)
5. Then add very warm to hot tap water to fill the Cruet about 1/2 full.
6. Cover Cruet spout opening/openings with fingers.
7. Gently shake Cruet to mix Palmolive Gel and water.
8. Then slowly add enough warm to hot tap water to completely fill the Cruet.
9. Set the filled Cruet in the sink, and let it soak for about 5 minutes.
10. Shake soapy mixture well.
11. Rinse several times, very well.
12. Carefully set Cruet upside down on a clean dish cloth to remove any excess water.
13. Preheat Oven to 325 degrees.
14. Place Cruet on oven pan right side up. Place in oven for 20 min. to dry.
15. Using an oven mitt, carefully remove pan with Cruet from oven.
16. Let it cool for about 15-20 minutes.
17. Refill Cruet.
Note: For the drizzle cruets, we recommend hand washing the spouts after each use, this will keep them looking pristine for the next table presentation.
how to clean cruets, cruet cleaning, clean oil and vinegar cruets