6.5 oz of Smoked Alaskan Sockeye Salmon
1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs
2 Tbs Dijon Mustard
1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
Juice from 1/2 Orange
2 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Shallots Minced
1 Clove Garlic Minced
1 Cup Diced Bell Peppers
1 Jalapeno Seeded and Minced
Salt & Pepper to TasteSet aside extra Bread Crumbs for dipping
Non Stick Cooking Spray
1) Drain retort package of Smoked Salmon and combine with parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, mustard, mayonnaise and orange juice. Set aside.
2) Heat olive oil in skillet and saute over medium high heat shallot, garlic, bell peppers and jalapeno until tender.
3) Combine sauted vegetables with the smoked salmon mixture.
*This mixture may be either too wet or too dry depending on the moisture in the sauted vegetables.
Add more Bread crumbs if too sticky or add more mayonnaise if too dry.
4) Shape mixture into walnut sized balls, flatten into cakes and then dip in extra bread crumbs.
5) Place Smoked Salmon Cakes on a non-stick baking sheet and spray the top of the cakes with non-stick cooking spray.
6) Bake at 400 for 15 – 20 mins until golden brown.