6.5 oz retort package of Smoked Salmon
8 oz Soft Goat Cheese or Chevre
Zest Finely chopped from One Orange, *reserve orange
1/4 cup finely chopped Fennel tops
1/4 cup minced Shallot
Salt & Pepper to Taste
1) Drain retort package of Smoked Salmon and place the salmon on paper towels to dry off excess moisture.
2) Chop or smash the Goat Cheese in a mixing bowl so it is easier to incorporate the remaining ingredients.
3) Combine the cheese, orange zest, fennel tops and shallot.
* Add a slight squeeze of fresh juice from the reserved orange.
This will aid in the combining of ingredients and add flavor.
4) Add the smoked salmon and combine.
5) Shape into a ball or mold and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
Using any extra Fennel tops or orange zest, you can dust the outside
of the smoked salmon spread for presentation.