Aceto Balsamico Marinated Cipolline Recipe
- Four cups Modena Balsamic Vinegar
- Four cups white wine vinegar
- Three and one half tablespoons brown sugar
- Three and one half tablespoons granulated sugar
- Sprinkle of Sea salt
- Two pound one and one half inch diameter cipolline onions
Cut and peel open the onions, then get out a large pot, fill it with water, and bring it to a rolling boil. Pour in the sea salt, granulated sugar, onions, and the wine vinegar. Let sit at a boil for 3 minutes.
In a medium saucepan blend in the balsamic vinegar together with the brown sugar. Using medium heat, let the sugar dissolve without boiling.
Remove the onions and divide them up into five separate pint glass jars. Pour the heated balsamic vinegar over the onions as dressing, inside the jars. Seal the jars and keep in the refrigerator for one month. The balsamic vinegar preserves the onions for a later date and it then can be had for a unique, gourmet appetizer.