- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed through a garlic press
- 1 (2 ounce) can anchovy fillets, mashed
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) jar Sicilian Whole Olives, drained
- 6 slices crispy country bread
Over medium heat, in a small saucepan, warm oil and butter until bubbly. Add garlic. Reduce heat to low and cook until garlic is fragrant; do not allow garlic to brown. Add anchovies and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in chives and parsley. Season with ground pepper. Serve warm with olives and bread, for dipping.
Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar Bread Dip
When mixing balsamic oil and vinegar for a bread dip, the two don’t really mix. They will normally stay separate. The vinegar goes to the bottom of the dish. You would normally use about two parts Olive oil to one part Balsamic vinegar. Pour the oil and vinegar into a shallow dish. A simple oil and vinegar combination with added dried herb flakes goes well with fresh focaccia bread.