Oil and vinegar marinade This balsamic vinaigrette is great for a marinade over chicken breast or even pork tenderloin. You can also drizzle it as a dressing over sliced red ripe tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and basil.
Imported Spanish Olive Oil and aged Modena Balsamic Vinegar offer the best in taste of gourmet condiments.
Be sure to check the label of the olive oil you purchase, it should be organic and cold processed.
Authentic Italian aged balsamic vinegar is from the Modena or Reggio Emilia regions of Italy.
Balsamic Vinaigrette or Marinade
- 3 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar, (‘white balsamic’ can be used for appearance)
- 1 garlic clove pressed through a garlic press
- 1 tablespoon gourmet Dijon mustard
- 5 tablespoons Spanish extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
In a medium bowl, combine aged balsamic vinegar, Dijon and pressed garlic. Whisk until blended thoroughly. In a slow, steady stream add the olive oil, whisking constantly until the oil is emulsified and the vinaigrette is smooth. Season to taste with salt (optional), freshly ground pepper and stir in basil. Yield: 2/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette.