Oil and Vinegar Cruet
Extra virgin olive oil, also known as evoo, and balsamic vinegar are very common in the Mediterranean diet. Many restaurants serve olive oil and balsamic vinegar in an oil and vinegar cruet for salads dressings, olive oil dipping dishes used for bread dipping, and as well for drizzling olive oil on many different types of food.
Many recipes are made from olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Fresh fruit goes great with aceto balsamico, all you have to do is sprinkle sliced fresh fruit with a bit of balsamic vinegar and then season with cracked pepper. Aceto balsamico from Modena Italy is great with berries, orange melons, peaches, and nectarines. This also goes with sautéed vegetables. This is why we recommend keeping an oil and vinegar cruet on the table within easy reach at all times! Balsamic vinegar is also good in soups in addition to desserts such as strawberry and iced cream. You can mix the strawberries with sugar and then season with aceto balsamico and pepper.
Oil and Vinegar Italian Recipe
- Roughly slice 8 heads of peeled garlic cloves then place it in a nonreactive sauce pan.
- Pour in one cup of the aceto balsamico vinegar
- One quarter cup white wine
- One cup sugar and pour the mixture over the garlic
- Bring to a full boil then reduce the heat, and let simmer for thirty minutes until the garlic is soft
- Serve at room temperature with other grilled meats, especially lamb.